Test drive Investors Intelligence with a no obligation free trial.
Get access to all our research, model portfolios, charting software, trading signals and data.
Since 1947, our mission has been to generate consistently valuable and accurate investment research for clients, helping them make informed, and better, investment decisions.
Every day professional investors and traders rely on Investors Intelligence to help them make more informed and therefore better investment decisions.
With Investors Intelligence membership you get access to the same signals, recommendations, model portfolios, analysis and methodology that help firms like Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch, Charles SCHWAB, UBS, J.P. Morgan, Fidelity and Raymond James trade the market.
With Investors Intelligence you can track every recommendation we make in our model portfolios to help you beat the market, systematically and consistently.
What is Investors Intelligence?
- Actionable trading ideas, signals & research
- Advanced charting and technical analysis
- Model Portfolios going back to 2005
- US, EURO, UK & Asia stock price objectives & stops
- FX, Commodities, Index and Fixed Income Coverage
- Trial our service at no cost and no obligation for one week
- Access the service through a derivatives or spread betting account
- Start your free trial here
One of the world's longest running and most respected investment services.
As seen in...
Here’s what Alan Abelson, writing in Barrons in early 2011 has to say about it:
“…………….while it helps, we suppose, to be able to tell the difference between a balance sheet and an income statement and know what P/E stands for, nothing in the investment armamentarium beats an educated grasp of crowd psychology. Granted, getting a handle on investor sentiment is not an automatic guarantee of making a killing on the Street. It’s a contrarian indicator that has been around for a spell, and like a lot of venerable technical tools is a bit the worse for the wear. It’s grounded in the logical assumption that when everyone’s bullish, it implies that a lot of buying power has already been used up and, of course, when everyone’s bearish, the opposite holds. If not infallible (what is, as we’ve noted before, besides the pope and financial journalists?), it provides investors with a highly reliable litmus test when the market reaches extremes of optimism or pessimism. And, right now, bullishness is dangerously rampant.For confirmation, just take a gander at that simple chart that enlivens this grim page, the handiwork of Investors Intelligence, which weekly tracks the view of those earnest souls, investment advisors, who tell you when, and often what, to buy and sell. It depicts the difference between the number of advisors who are upbeat and who are downbeat. That awesome spread in favor of the bulls works out to 41.6%, the most lopsided since the October 2007 all-time market peak, when the comparable gap was 42.4% and set the stage for the beginnings and forgive us for stirring painful memories of the worst equity disasters of the past half century.”
Investors Intelligence is used by many of the world's largest investment businesses including:
What do you get when you trade with Investors Intelligence?
The most well-known, and perhaps influential, of our reports is the US Advisors’ Sentiment Report. It has been in existence since 1963 and is widely used by the investment community as a contrarian indicator and closely followed by the financial media. The Report has a consistent record for predicting the major market turning points.
To put together each report we study over a hundred independent market newsletters and assess each author’s current stance on the market: bullish, bearish or correction. Since we have had just four editors since inception, there has been a consistent approach to determining each advisor’s stance and prior viewpoint. Weekly sentiment data runs consistently back to the 1960s, allowing current readings to be put into context against historic precedents.
Investor’s Business Daily explains why our weekly Sentiment Report is worth such close attention:
Since 1963, Investors Intelligence has shown that when the majority of gurus were bullish, the market was near a peak. And when the majority was bearish, the market was likely near a bottom. The reason is simple, but counterintuitive: When investors get overconfident, available money is in the market. Who's left to invest? When the majority is bearish, vast sums are on the sidelines. A few investors who sense a bottom can start a stampede of bulls.
You can also see an example of the Report here.
Our US Daily Market Timing Service does not just rely on the study of current market trends, but provides a unique contrarian approach to the timing of market and sector exposure.
Designed for the intuitive investor who knows that in today’s volatile stock market environment ‘buy and hold’ is not always the best strategy, this report provides you with accurate market timing to allow you to balance your market exposure in accordance with trends. We do this by anticipating rather than simply following trends, as the analysis does not just rely on the study of current market trends.
The daily modular format allows us not only to report any significant market timing signals, but to analyze the results of our disciplines in daily rotation in a clear and logical manner.
The modules are based on the following:
- Buying/Selling Climaxes (see example): Large numbers of reversal signals across the market frequently provide an early indication of a change in trend for the market as a whole.
- Industry Group Analysis: By studying the trend breadth in the underlying industry groups, we aim to report on likely sector rotation and provide a strong background reading of the strength of the current market trend, and its likely duration.
- Advisors’ Sentiment Report: As explained above, this has been widely adopted by the investment community as a contrary indicator and is followed closely by the financial media.
- Industry Rotations (see example): We identify sector rotations early on through the analysis of ratio charts.
- The Weekly Review: Each week we draw together the findings from the research modules and suggest a market outlook for the week ahead and possibly in the longer term.
Our US Daily Stocks Service has seen us delivering the most incisive US stock market research for over twenty years, using a tried and tested combination of point & figure charting and market breadth analysis. Many of our indicators are now standard tools across the investment industry.
Our research reports:
The Daily Hotline (see example) is delivered each morning (before the open) and provides market timing, sector rotation and stock ideas. The hotline also provides a great source of trading ideas.
Every trading day, we provide an update on the current status of the main US indices. One of the benefits of point & figure charts is that signals are clear-cut: they are either bullish or bearish. We indicate current trends and identify areas of support and resistance i.e. where the current trend is likely to change.
The NYSE Bullish Percentage was the first breadth indicator developed by Investors Intelligence in 1955 and since then we have added indicators for the NASDAQ and S&P indices. These help you determine the strength of a market trend by looking at the trends of its constituent stocks. They identify periods when the bulls are in the driving seat i.e. the best time to buy stocks, and have proved to be one of the best contrary indicators for calling intermediate market tops and bottoms.
Every day, we list all the stocks that have generated a new point & figure signal and feature one stock that looks interesting from a technical perspective.
You will also receive the Daily Market Statistics report – emailed to you each evening after the market close - that provides a good ‘first take’ on the day’s activity. It lists index trend changes, new stock breakout signals (p&f analysis), most actively traded stocks and the current status of index and sector breadth indicators
What’s more, you will have access to powerful web resources, including charts, market indicators and signals, which select the stocks that require attention today. We cover NYSE, NASDAQ and ASE stocks. There is also a weekly portfolio report for you to follow, with proven performance histories, covering a range of strategies.
The Daily Coe Report features trading ideas from Tarquin Coe - our technical analyst and hedge fund advisor. Tarquin has a great track record in successfully advising financial institutions and hedge fund managers. He is regularly quoted in the press and recently contributed a chapter on technical trading and portfolio management for the book ‘Exchange Traded Funds & Index Funds’, published by the Financial Times.
The Coe Report is a concise advisory newsletter providing intra-day US trading ideas accompanied by analysis derived from a range of different technical disciplines. It starts with a near-term strategic forecast on the main indices, followed by stock and ETF trading ideas, presented clearly with annotated charts, targets and stops. Unlike many advisories and tip sheets, the report runs a long and short model portfolio. Tarquin always follows through on his recommendations, shepherding the successful positions, guarding unreleased gains with trailing stop losses. Unlike other providers, the portfolio trades are always announced ahead of the trade and not post-trade, making this probably one of the most transparent services on the market.
Here’s what some of our existing customers have to say:
I have to tell you, Mr Coe, I like this report a lot. It’s simply constructed with only 2 pages, clean looking charts in various formats, and it’s in my opinion clearly written with analysis I find amongst the best I’ve ever read.
I really enjoy The Coe Report and find it very valuable in my investment process.
These intraday bulletins are great. Well written, concise and quite precise as to stop loss etc. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Keep up the good work.
Appreciate your critical analysis of the market, as well as your putting out some Trade ideas, and sharing your thinking with your readers. Your newsletter is a learning experience.
Other Multi Asset Coverage Services
- ETF Global Opportunities Weekly Review (See Example) This invaluable review provides ETF trading opportunities and ideas - not just in equity indexes but also bonds, commodities, emerging markets and currencies.
- UK Daily Hotline Stocks Service (See Example) This provides you with concise market reports and accurate analysis to aid in the timing of UK stock market investments.
- European Weekly Review (See Example) This comprehensive study of the European market examines over 450 stocks, including all component stocks within the major European indices, using a mixture of trend and breadth analysis.
- International Index Daily Hotline (See Example) Extensive coverage of global indices and index futures contracts.
- Fixed Income Weekly Hotline (See Example) Coverage of the world’s major government bonds, fixed income and short-term interest rate instruments to identify key trends and long/short trading opportunities. .
- FX Daily Hotline Service (See Example) In this exhaustive review, updated daily, we cover all the world’s major currencies, showing you the trends that matter and the opportunities you can’t afford to miss.
- Commodities Daily Hotline (See Example) This looks at all the world’s major traded commodities, identifying key trends and trading opportunities.
Hello, I am pleased to respond to your request about my view of your US stock service. I have been a happy subscriber to your service since the 1970′s. It is valuable to me as it helps me with my investment advisory business. Valuable parts to me are John Gray’s daily hot line, the availability of printing charts and technical information in “index breadth”. I chart the % of NYSE stocks in uptrends. I like your service “as is” and I have no recommendations for change. Best wishes for your continued success. O.W.
In 23 years in this business, I have found your service (after acquiring the skill to read it) the single best indicator in the world. A.G.
This is an exceptional service and should be in every trader’s toolbox. Thank you for the great service! C.C.